Agriculture and Food Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) Farm Certification
Demonstrate the environmental and social sustainability of your farmed seafood through the ASC Standards with SGS.
Environmental and social responsibility in farmed seafood are becoming increasingly important requirements in the marketplace. Certification to the ASC suite of farm standards, with SGS, allows you to demonstrate your commitment to retailers and consumers alike and gain access to key seafood markets for your products.
Why use ASC Certification from SGS?
ASC Certification is currently available for the following 12 species: abalone, bivalves (clams, mussels, oysters, scallops) freshwater trout, pangasius, salmon, shrimp, tilapia, seriola and cobia. Becoming an ASC certified farm can help you:
- Assure everyone involved in the aquaculture industry that your organization strictly adheres to practices that minimise environmental impacts, and complies with the highest level of social responsible practices when producing sustainable seafood products
- Meet the requirements of the major global retailers whose seafood sourcing policies require ASC certification on an ever-increasing scale and providing you access to key seafood markets
We provide independent inspection, testing, certification and technical support solutions for the entire aquaculture industry supply chain. Depending on the Farm Standard, ASC certification includes:
- Chemical and medicine use
- Wild seed collection
- Child labour
- Community interactions
- Indigenous people interactions
- Equitable working environments
Why choose SGS?
If you require ASC certification for your farm, we are positioned to audit against the highest levels of environmental and social responsibility. Our global presence and harmonised approach give you access to the largest independent network of auditors in the world.
Contact us to learn how we can help you with ASC Certification.