Agriculture and Food Project Development
SGS’s agricultural project development services evaluate your projects and reduce risk.
With over a century of experience in the agricultural sector, we have unrivalled industry knowledge. We can also draw upon an extensive network of experts and the latest technologies related to precision farming, crop studies and commodity testing.
Our services give you valuable insights into the various implications of your project plan(s). For example, we can provide you with data and opinion about growing crops in specific regions, the soil and weather conditions, water availability and other factors.
Our project development services include:
- Field assessment – e.g. identify and quantify the available agricultural land that is suitable for the project
- Schedule evaluation – by identifying and describing key milestones
- Propose management team – by benchmarking against similar projects
- Evaluate and estimate pest/weed controls and fertilisation requirements
- Identify, evaluate and estimate the costs of equipment and service suppliers
To find out how our project development services can help mitigate your risk, contact SGS now.