Construction Road Construction Services
Road construction services from SGS – test and assess the performance and durability of road materials and products.
Transport and mobility are a key part of today’s society. Roads must be durable and safe otherwise they present a danger to their users and the environment, as well as increasing repair costs. However, because they are exposed to varying (and extreme) conditions it is not easy to construct and maintain strong and durable roads. Also, the quality of components in road products, especially bitumen, can vary widely.
Our road construction services help you to understand the behaviour of road materials in relation to expected loads and deterioration mechanisms. We have the experience and expertise to test and assess the performance and durability of road materials and products.
Road construction services include:
- Assessment and improvement of asphalt properties
- Determination of asphalt component quality and suitability (bitumen, aggregates also secondary)
- Development of new road products, including rollpave and road materials
- Assessment of damage to (overheated) asphalt
- Laboratory testing of bitumen, including composition (PAH and rheology/viscosity)
- Calculations of the CO2 footprints of semi-heated asphalts
- Assessment/testing of expansion joints
- Determination of the maintenance condition of existing roads, drawing up subsequent maintenance/repair plans
- Service life predictions
- Controls of road mixture designs and auditing/inspection of road product application
Why choose SGS?
In January 2010, we acquired INTRON Holding BV, a leading global benchmark in the construction industry. SGS Intron offers clients tailor made solutions for road construction:
- Expert personnel and a professional laboratory for testing building materials
- Fit for purpose solutions for any type of client, whether it be government, designer, contractor, (raw materials) supplier
- State-of-the-art knowledge. SGS Intron is a forerunner in new developments in road construction. We have participated in the development of several new road products, including rollpave and silent joints
- Impartiality. SGS Intron is an independent and impartial institute, and can therefore act as an impartial third party
Contract our road construction services to support your organisation. Contact SGS today for more details.