Industrial Manufacturing Air Freight Packaging and Dangerous Goods Dispatch
Transport of dangerous goods is subject to both national and international legislation.
When transporting dangerous goods it is essential that the transport is conducted safely and in full compliance with relevant regulations.
While shipping dangerous goods by air, it is crucial to take into account the potential adverse effects of temperature, pressure and humidity variations, as well as the risk of damage due to vibrations and improper handling.
SGS specialises in all aspects of the carriage of dangerous goods, from identification to packaging, marking, labelling and documentation. We handle nearly every class of dangerous goods across a wide range of products, including:
- Fine chemicals
- Petroleum products
- Liquefied gases
- Infectious substances
Our services include:
- Handling, packing and documentation of dangerous goods in UN-approved packaging either from our SGS locations or at the customer’s premises
- Pick-up, collection and storage of dangerous goods
- Identification, marking and labeling in accordance with applicable regulations
- Re-packing of damaged goods
- Re-packing according to the maximum net quantities allowed per package
- Completion of the IATA Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods and other required transport documents
- National and International transport arrangements
- Dangerous goods safety advisor
- Dry-ice service
- Biologistic services to hospitals, universities and research laboratories
Goods can be collected and delivered by SGS in-house or third-party courier company. Our offices and warehouses are strategically located at Amsterdam and Brussels International Airports and other regional airports and in Spijkenisse, in the heart of Rotterdam Seaport, guaranteeing a fast delivery to your customers worldwide.
Find out how our dangerous goods services can support your operations.