Life Sciences Food Hygiene Training
SGS’s food hygiene training services ensure that your organisation complies with industry-standard food hygiene regulations.
Our food hygiene and safety training minimises the chances of food contamination or food poisoning, protecting both the public and your reputation.
Working with Highfield, a global supplier of food safety training materials, we offer training to food processors, retailers, restaurants, caterers plus various organisations involved in the food supply chain. If your company is within any of these categories, you have a legal obligation to:
- Implement a food safety management system
- Ensure that all members of staff attend appropriate food hygiene courses
- Maintain adequate food hygiene standards
We issue a food safety hygiene certificate to those attending our courses, which are organised into three levels of training:
- Level 1: Courses intended for low risk food handlers, who do not come into direct contact with food (e.g. bar staff, servers, kitchen porters)
- Level 2: Courses intended for high risk food handlers, who do come into contact with food, or those with responsibility for a critical control point – as highlighted within your company’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) scheme
- Level 3: Courses intended for those in a supervisory or management position, who are responsible for food handlers
Training your staff and managers in hygiene best practices is an important step to developing a culture of food safety. Failing to do so increases the risk of food contamination and the public’s poor health. In turn, this can lead to customer dissatisfaction, potentially huge legal costs and the loss of your good reputation and market share.
Contact SGS now to discover how our food hygiene training can help you avoid these problems, ensure your regulatory compliance, and protect consumers.