Demand for electricity generated in sustainable and environmentally sound ways is leading to growth of the nuclear industry.
As nuclear energy produces virtually no air pollution, it offers reduced carbon emissions compared to energy generated from fossil fuels. Conditions and metal prices are thus favourable for uranium project development and mining. From geochemical expertise to plant optimisation, SGS is your partner for safe uranium exploration, extraction and mining.
SGS provides a comprehensive range of testwork services for the uranium exploration and mining industries. Our extensive global network of geochemical laboratories and metallurgical testing facilities support all the technologies used today for the exploration and treatment of uranium properties.
Our uranium expertise started in the uranium exploration booms of the 1950s and the 1970s and has continued to the present day. As a result of this experience, we have developed the expertise and stringent safety infrastructure needed to work with this commodity. As a result, SGS is the international lab of choice for uranium exploration services.
SGS brings a step-by-step approach and stringent safety structure to uranium testing and you can turn our expertise into exploration success and profitable plant performance. Our areas of expertise in uranium include extensive understanding of:
- Health and safety in field and laboratory settings, particularly as related to radioactive materials
- Geochemical surveys, analysis and data interpretation, including MMI technology
- Exploration programme planning and logistics
- Geology of uranium deposits, particularly those of the roll-front type
- Uranium mineralogy
- Ore variability and geometallurgy
- Metallurgical testing for uranium including geometallurgy, flowsheet development and piloting
- Product testing
- Plant improvements in materials handling or operations
- Commercial inspection, testing and witnessing
SGS offers you the unique advantage of combined skill sets, industry expertise and stringent safety protocols that you will not find anywhere else. The wide range of services we offer to the uranium industry helps to maximise the economics of your operation, ensuring higher product quality, improved recovery, reduced costs and greater revenue.