Public Sector South Sudan – Conformity Assessment Program
Meet technical regulations and applicable standards for shipping goods into South Sudan.
Effective May 1, 2021, SGS is providing Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVOC) services for consignments shipped into South Sudan, in accordance with a contract between SGS and the South Sudan Ministry of Trade and Industry, through the South Sudan National Bureau of Standards (SSNBS).
The objective of the program is to ensure that imports into South Sudan meet the requirements of the technical regulations and applicable standards stipulated by SSNBS, to prevent importation of non-compliant goods into South Sudan.
Basic Program Features
- Goods imported into South Sudan require a Certificate of Conformity (CoC)
- The CoC is a mandatory clearance document for each consignment
- The exporter is liable for any legal or economic consequences arising for goods shipped without the corresponding CoC
Depending on the certification route, SGS provides one or a combination of the following interventions:
- Physical inspection prior to shipment
- Sampling, testing and analysis in accredited laboratories
- Audit of product manufacturing processes
- Documentary check and assessment of conformity with the requirements of the applicable technical regulations and standards
Goods subject to PVoC:
- Toys and sports equipment
- Electrical and electronic
- Automotive (including new and used vehicles)
- Chemical products
- Mechanical materials and gas appliances
- Paper and stationery
- Furniture (wood and metal articles)
- Safety (personal protective equipment)
- Food and food products
- Construction materials
- Medical devices and pharmaceuticals
- Used products
- Fuel/petroleum products
SGS is the global leader in inspection, verification, testing and certification services, with decades of experience managing conformity assessment programs worldwide. We offer efficient and comprehensive solutions delivered by a team of dedicated professionals to ensure your shipments meet South Sudan’s requirements.