Training Services FSSC 22000 v5/ISO 22000:2018 – Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) – Lead Auditor Training Course
FSSC 22000 v5/ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) lead auditor training course – learn how to conduct first, second and third party audits of an FSMS against FSSC 22000 v5.
This course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of an FSMS against FSSC 22000 v5, in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, ISO TS/22003:2013 and ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015, as applicable.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an FSMS, FSMS standards, management audits and third party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor in planning, conducting, reporting and following up an FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 (and ISO TS/22003:2013, including ISO 17021-1:2015, as applicable)
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an FSMS to establish conformity, or otherwise, with ISO 22000/FSSC 22000 or an acceptable equivalent, in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 (and ISO TS/22003:2013, including ISO 17021-1:2015, as applicable)
This course is approved by FSSC 22000 and certificated by the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) and the International Register of Certificated Auditors: CQI/IRCA Course Certification Number: 2207-PT 368.
Learners who pass both the examination and continuous assessment will be issued a certificate of achievement that satisfies the formal training requirements for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA auditor/lead auditor. The certificate of achievement is valid for a period of five years from the date of the last day of the course for the purpose of certifying as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
Learners who do not pass the continuous assessment and have been in attendance for the full duration of the course will be issued a certificate of attendance.
Learners who fail the written examination and pass the continuous assessment will receive a certificate of attendance and will be allowed to re-sit the examination within 12 months of the end date of the original course.
Before starting this course, learners are expected to have prior knowledge of the following food safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement
- Principles of food safety management, including prerequisite programs as specified in ISO 22000:2018/TS 22002 (all parts) and HACCP
- The relationship between food safety management, the provision of safe food products to prevent or minimise adverse effects on human health and the proactive improvement of food safety performance
- Common examples of relevant national and local FSMS legislation and requirements
- The requirements of FSSC 22000 v5 or an acceptable equivalent and commonly used food safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 22000:2018, which may be gained by completing a CQI/IRCA certified ISO 22000:2018 (FSMS) training course or the equivalent
Duration: 5 days
Delivery methodology: face to face
Accreditation: FSSC 22000 and CQI/IRCA
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered by FSMS experts and experienced trainers. Your knowledge and skills will be developed through an interactive approach to practical learning.
Contact us today to book your place on our FSSC 22000 v5/ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Systems lead auditor training course.