Transportation Rail Assessment Services
Rail assessment services from SGS – independent scrutiny and assessment of your safety-critical products and processes for the railway industry.
Whether you are a transportation company, a rolling stock company (ROSCO), a supplier or operator, your customers demand independent assessment of your products and processes. We can review your railway industry processes and products to ensure they meet all quality and regulatory requirements.
Why choose rail assessment services from SGS?
We can help you to:
- Ensure that you have adequate systems, processes, competences, resources and procedures
- Assess the output of your processes for compliance and suitability with a non-legislative independent technical review
- Ensure that your processes are being followed correctly with an independent assessment to verify process application
- Determine whether your processes and products meet quality and regulatory requirements
With our global reach, we can provide you with rail assessment services wherever your operations are based in the world.
Our rail assessment services can include:
- Compliance of processes, products, design, testing, manufacturing, safety management systems, quality and staff competency
- Assessments of hardware and software development processes against SIL levels for tilt control, brake control, traction control and door systems (ISA and AsBo)
- Supplier and sub-supplier assessments (IRIS and RISAS certification)
- Product assessment, including body shells (steel and aluminium), bogies, auxiliaries and doors
- Assessment of insurance claim tenders from manufacturers and refurbishment companies
To find out more about our rail assessment services, contact us today.